Thursday, November 20, 2014

This is not that list of questions for your campaign, Post Apocalyptic Edition!!!

So, yet another variant on Twenty Quick Questions for your Campaign Setting), this time from scrap princess over at Monster Manual Sewn From Pants. I love this one, it basically lets you set the gonzo level of your campaign. However, there are a few entries that are either already answered, or don't quite work for the post apocalypse. So, I'm going to redo some of them, just for fun.

1. Is there weaponized Squid?
(follow up questions are below) Can I start with one? How much are they? Can I have one as a pet/horse/best friend? Can I play one? Can I dual wield them?
About the only possible change I can see here would be to note whether or not that is weaponized LANDsquid.


2. Is there undead robots?
follow up questions involve the nature of consciousness and the existence of the soul in your campaign and can I play one? or have one as a pet or a gun that shoots them?
I might change this to spirit robots, but that's about it.


3. Do Icebergs walk across the land ?
can I be from one? Is godzilla frozen in one? Can I play a godzilla?
It's the post apocalypse, of course there is godzilla, except he's called "gojira" ;)


4. What do birds know?
(no further questions)
This would change only slightly to, "Do birds tell the truth?"


5. Does medicine work like it does here but no-one knows CPR or does it work like a cartoon so I cure amnesia with more head injurys or does it work like medieval euro people though it did with demons in your teeth?
Do I start with demons in my teeth? Do I know CPR? Can I invent CPR? Can I give myself powers with additionally organs? What planet is in ascension in my spleen midmorning? These are all good questions.


6. I want to play a hobbit but really I'm the fleas controlling the hobbit. Where is that in the book?
Could I take over a new guy with my fleas? Or another players guy?
This should probably already be answered, (with the exception of the bits about hobbits). For gonzo post apocalyptic, I would reverse the questions. I want to play fleas, but really I'm a hobbit controlling my fleas.


7. How much could I rent my body out to spirits before I lost control of my character?
What are the names of the spirits? Are they cool?
I'd definitely have to add to this; How about AIs? People from before the apocalypse stuck in some sort of virtual reality? Aliens? How much do those aliens pay to probe? Can I play an alien probe? Are there rednecks to abduct and probe?


8.What level do I have to get my character to before I am the g.m?
Can I half be the g.m at an early level? What about when you leave the room?
Can I eat those doritos if you aren't going to?


9. What is the dumbest thing I can spend my money on?
no dumber than that but cool. Like a pet with a pet with a weapon? Can pets dual wield?
What about a mutant symbiote or parasite? Can I dual wield parasistes?


10. How ugly can my guy be? Like Can I basically be a walking fish?
No wait I wanna be a walking fish. What is the reverse scuba technology like in this world?
Now see this question, pretty much answered already. So we gotta go for something more classic. Can I be an Elf? Dwarf? Minotaur? French Maid Cross-dressing Ninja Robot Monkey Space Pirate?


11.The lamp oil? Is that like cooking oil, kerosene, white spirits or napalm?
How much can I buy of it?
Good questions, but not as important in post apocalyptia as are those energy weapons the standard laser/ion/plasma/particle beam stuff, or do I get freeze/heat/death/paralysis rays instead?


12. How does physics work in this world?
What makes the planets stay up? Are there planets? Is it elves? Can I play an elf from another planet? Does everything work like how we though it did in the past? Can I discover stuff and pass it off as a magic? Is possible to use the scientific process to organise the concepts of magic?
Actually, for a gonzo post apocalyptic setting, it wouldn't be physics (at least I don't think it would), it would be magic.


13. Can I start with weapon hands?
What about crab claws? Can I play a crab with human hands? Can I have one as a pet? Do they live on a different planet? Can we go there?
Weapon Hands is almost a given for mutants, as are crabs with human hands. What we need is weapon faces, weapon backs, weapon ears, and weapon butts.


14. What cultures approve of cannibalism?
What about if we are super rich? Aren't rich cannibals be default , I mean if you think about it? How is the class struggle here anyway? Is there a Karl Marx? How receptive are people to the ideas of anarcho-syndicalism here?
Well cannibalism and anarcho-syndicalism are pretty much a given after the apocalypse. How about knights in shining armor, devil-slaying (and hopefully, non-racist) paladins, plucky halfling sidekicks, and of course, bards.


15. Can my character not be real , but a hallucination of another character?
But I still wanna be able to do stuff. What are the stats for that?
Sure, see magic above.


16. Which is the rome but with lava fire country in this world?
What about the ice circus country? Can I have a pet from there?
I'd be more interested in the pastoral righteous kingdom with a benevolent king in the post apocalypse.


17. Can I invent an insect?
as a player like right now I tell you an insect and you put it in the game? Or as a character? Can my spells be insects that then exist in this world after I cast them? Can I play an insect who is actually a spell cast in this world? What about as a pet?
I'll give you spell casting, but insects already abound, usually as horrific mutated beasts. Try asking to invent magic items instead.


18. Is there reverse fire?
What about reverse water or earth? What do they wear there?
What about reverse air?


19. How much money can I make inventing siege engines?
Can I play a siege engine? In what ways are animals used in siege engines?
War, War never changes. Invent some medicine or better methods of farming, or waste reclamation technologies.


20.What is the most significant tree to the economy of the starting place?
Is it really a tree or maidens stitched together? If I play a maiden do I get spells or do people that worship me get spells but only if I'm mad at them?
Another good set of questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment